Drift-Wood Smoked Silver Darlings (or Fennel), “Tyrolean” ‘Taters, Seaweed Seasoning and River Mint-pickled Ogorki
image © Julia Devonshire, 2016
originalprojects; commissioned chefs Alex de Almeida (The Patio, Great Yarmouth) and Francis Woolf (Woolf & Social, Norwich) with a brief to design and create a menu that fused local produce and recipes with those of incoming Portuguese and Eastern European traditions.
Drift-Wood Smoked Silver Darlings (or Fennel), “Tyrolean” ‘Taters, Seaweed Seasoning and River Mint-pickled Ogorki, was served as part of 1 WOW OF A TIME ! – The Great Yarmouth Day Trip, June 25 2016.
- This will be 50 Herring served on 9 mini BBQs. It will be dry-cured first then smoked with drift wood.
- The Fennel will be served in a bucket and spade. The fennel will be braised in cider and smoked at the same time as the fennel
- Tyrolean Taters are spiral fried potato on sticks
- Dried Seaweed will be mixed with Alex’s spice blend to be served in Chip shop style salt shakers
- Ogorki (cucumber) quick pickled and served in Kilner jars.
originalprojects; would like to thank Lee Trosclair for the generous use of The Social.